Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the
fabulous ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish..
Today’s Top Ten Tuesday involves two of our favorite things: a holiday and free reign. *twirls evil mustache* I’m not sure about Heather, but I can just about perform that feat……I’m due a wax. In light of the upcoming celebration of Memorial Day next Monday, and the fact that the fabulous gals at The Broke and the Bookish gave us a blogger’s choice on the topic this week, we decided to choose books that involved characters or settings that revolved around military aspects. While the majority of the books are those we’ve had the great fortune to read, the rest are at the top of our TBR lists due to rave reviews and recommendations from our book loving friends and reading community. This is our literary salute to all the soldiers and families, both known to us and stranger, who sacrifice so much to protect our freedoms to read and write what we want, among countless other freedoms.
Heather and Christie’s Picks
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
3. The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
4. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
5. American Sniper by Chris Kyle and Scott McEwen
6. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
7. In Country by Bobbie Ann Mason
8. A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
9. The Postmistress by Sarah Blake
10. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr