Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the
fabulous ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish..
While we feel as though the characters we read in books are part of our family, and we don’t willingly wish for tragedy to befall them, there is something endearing and obsessively attaching about our angsty, wounded doves that are the victim of loss. They push us into the SUPER feels level, and we are changed in irrevocable ways from having encountered them.
These were the first ten characters to pop into our heads because of the way they popped into our hearts.
1. Edward Cullen from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer
2. Jace Wayland/Herondale from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare
3. Shane Collins from The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine
4. Will Herondale from The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare
5. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
6. Lenah Beaudonte from Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
7. Juliet Moreau from The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd
8. Lennie Walker from The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
9. Bridget Vreeland from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
10. Mia Hall from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman
What character’s who’ve experienced a loss have stuck with you?