Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the
fabulous ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.
As readers, there has not been a genre of books that we haven’t adored, but there are particular ones that we are exceptionally fond of. YA historical fiction is one of those. I mean, when you’re mixing history and angst/teen romance, what’s not to like?! It comes in especially handy for non YA readers like us. It’s the perfect justification: we learned something. So take a swoony trip back in time and read these ten fabulous historical YA novels.
1. The Luxe by Anna Godberson
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
4. A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
5. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Septys
6. The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
7. Grave Mercy by Robin LeFevers
8. Sarah’s Key by Tatiana DeRosnay
9. Dollface by Renee Rose
10. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne