Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme put together by the fabulous
ladies of The Broke and the Bookish.
We love the movie Mean Girls. Excluding my(Christie) fangirl crush on Tina Fey, it is our guilty pleasure. As Heather is only 23, it significantly less guilty for her. I was pretty excited when my daughters edged into the tween area so I have a blanket excuse to submerse myself on the battlefield with the Plastics. When we read the word ‘lunch table,’ we immediately saw a diagram labeled with ‘Plastics,’ ‘Cool Asians,’ and ‘Art Freaks.’ So for this Top Ten Tuesday(on Wednesday), in the ‘post Regina gets hit by the bus and they all share the Spring Fling crown’ line of thinking, we have listed the ten book characters that would be sitting at our lunch table.
Christie & Heather’s Top Ten
1. Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings: If for no other reason than to be able to say, “you shall not pass……the salt.” Ketchup, or whatever is applicable.
2. Nancy Drew: Because she’s kickass.
3. Charlotte the Spider from Charlotte’s Web: Everyone wants to be the proverbial “fly on the wall.” We take it one better, and share tea cakes with an insect that can monogram anything.
4. Magnus Bane from the Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices novels: He’s sparkly, has cool cat eyes, and is generally just a smoking hot warlock with CENTURIES of gossip to dish.
5. Lenah Beaudonte from Infinite Days: She’s a vampire queen…..now she’s a human teenager. Girlfriend has survival skills to impart.
6. Clary Fray from the Mortal Instruments novels: If it weren’t enough that she is completely geeky chic, she’s Jace’s main squeeze. She’s tasted that sarcastic mouth, touched those heavenly abs. These deets are essential to have.
7. Adrian Ivashkov from the Vampire Academy/Bloodlines novels: He’s a rich, hot vampire who dabbles in sass and herbal refreshment with a secret heart of gold. HE IS the lunch.
8. Holden Caufield from The Catcher in the Rye: That’s pretty much all that needs to be said. That kind of cool is hard to properly convey. Leonardo DiCaprio could have done it right on the big screen. Just saying.
9. Scout Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird: She lived the American childhood that we’ve envied for decades. Who wouldn’t want to get the deleted scenes of growing up in Maycomb County?
10. Luce(Lucinda) Price from the Fallen series: While she doesn’t literally have the lips of an angel herself, persay…….her molten hot, winged boyfriend does. And did we mention that her reincarnated soul has been reconnecting with Daniel for hundreds of years?! That has lunchtime margarita written all over it.
And there you have it. The collection of characters that we’d rent out a room at Tavern on the Green to gnosh over treats with, both literary and confection.