I am so excited to be able to host this next YALLFEST author interview. If you’ve followed Turning Pages since the start, then you have probably heard me talk about YALLFEST at one point or another. I attended YALLFEST for the first time last November and had an amazing time! And in two months, I will be back in Charleston, SC to attend again. If you live anywhere remotely close to Charleston and you love YA. . .GO! It’s an incredible time and you’ll just love Blue Bicycle Books. In fact, it is one of my most favorite indie bookstores I’ve ever been to.
If you would like more information regarding YALLFEST, click HERE.
And you can view my post about YALLFEST 2012, HERE.
Now, onto this weeks second author interview!
What is one thing do you need to have when you write?
What is the hardest line to write- the first or the last?
- Honestly, neither. It’s just every single line in between that feels impossible.
Best writing tip you ever received?
- Aim for truth and beauty will follow.
Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.
- I have fourteen tattoos.
- I can fall asleep any time, any place.
- I have a phobia of worms.
- I hate fruit.
- I wrote my first novel largely on my Blackberry.
Where’s your favorite place to write?
- In my sunroom in upstate New York.
What are you working on now?
- Two different middle grade books and an untitled young adult novel that my agent described as “the most disturbing thing he’s ever read.” Oops!
What is your favorite genre to write in? To Read?
- I love realistic books that include just a hint of fantasy.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lauren Oliver comes from a family of writers and so has always (mistakenly) believed that spending hours in front of the computer every day, mulling over the difference between “chortling” and “chuckling,” is normal. She has always been an avid reader.